Monday, September 22, 2008

Story.

In the middle of my 8th grade year my life changed. My mom decided to make me go on a church mission trip. Of course being the summer before my first year of high school i was not trillered to any extent that i had to go. Time past and the date we were leaving got closer and closer, to where it finally arvied. Before i knew it i was on a plane to El Paso, Texas with my youth group. I got off the plan and went we drove across the boarded to mexico. From there we went to the place that we would have to call home for the next week or so. We called it "the compound". The past passed and it was time to go to the spot where we would end up building a house for a family of six in Juarez, Mexico. We met the family and got pretty close to them throughout the build. We spent 5 whole days on this house making it suitable for this family. THe family really grabbed myself an deveryone on my trip by surprize. We had no idea that throughout this build how close we would become with all of these poor children. The family we made the house for had 4 kids. They also had 2 cousins that were always with them everyday that we were there. First there was Luz then bella, then then carlos and matteao and there cousins were Carla and Samuel. i became completly hooked on the 5 yearold boy named Carolos. Everyday i would end up with Carlos trying to help me with whatever i was doing with the house. On the detication day Carlos jumped in my arm's and we he saw taht i was crying he smiled and took his hand and wiped away my tears. "Olivia tu esta tirste? No mas amiga", He said over and over again. When my youth group and i arrived we knew that it was going to be something that we would take out of physically but we never realized how helping over could really effect us to the point that we took out more emotions than physical being.

2 comments:

Holden Caufield said...

oh my gosh olivia that's amazing! i'm about to cry, seriously. not only is the story good, but the language you used and how you incorporated different people really made me interested in the story. i loved it!

tasteach said...

WOW! What a fantastic recount of a holiday, well not really .... Makes you appreciate your own life and realize you can help those less fortunate than yourself so eaily.

BTW Welcome to the edublogosphere!! I hope you have a great time participating in the blogging competition. Make sure you visit this page each week to find out about the new activities. Click on the links of this page to get a better explanation of the activities. http://wyatt67.edublogs.org/student-blogging-competition-stubc08/